Monday, December 15, 2014

Valentino Noir Rockstud Cage flats


It has been over a year since I bought my Valentino Rockstud kitten heels (remember this post?).  Ever since then I have been patiently waiting to find them in all black patent in the caged flat version.  Saved my pennies, and at last I found them!

Words to those who are after these: they run small (I think by half a size).  

I bought the kitten heels in my usual size (and did not require a minute of breaking in and were uber comfy from day 1), but the flats ran MUCH smaller!  I bought mine from Selfridges, and I immediately wrote to them asking for an exchange for half a size bigger. Turns out they don't do exchanges, and somehow within a few hours of receiving that email, the size I wanted sold out (there were 2 pairs left!).  Because it took me so long to find these, I was reluctant to send them back, and spent a few days using my 'hairdryer trick', and patiently and painstakingly stretched them half a size.  Although they're not as comfy as my mid-heels (because they are fully closed as opposed to a slingback, and somehow the kitten heels make it comfier, not sure why...), they are now as comfy as they would be if half a size larger, whew!

 Shirt: Everlane Cotton Lawn shirt (available from Everlane), Jeans: Current Elliott Boyfriend in Loved (bought mine from Forward, it's now available at Nordstrom - also love the distressed version at Asos and The Dreslyn), Watch: Larsson Jennings Chain Metal in black(available here at Net-a-Porter).
 Bag: Proenza Schouler PS11 (available from Net-a-Porter and Net-a-Porter US, and directly from Proenza Schouler HERE), Wallet: Nomadic, Hand Cream: Lumira Paradisium, Watch: Larsson Jennings Chain Metal in black(available here at Net-a-Porter).


You can find Valentino black caged flats at:

Farfetch (in all black patent! Or leather version here)
Bergdorf Goodman
Neiman Marcus
Nordstrom

n.b. Bought mine from Selfridges, but they've sold out completely in all sizes.



I'm not usually one for 'No pain no gain' when it comes to shoes, but "all's well that ends well".

Has anyone bought anything from the Net-a-Porter sale? I am so happy with the Isabel Marant bow pumps I bought! Will post about those soon.

Happy Monday everyone!


Twitter + Facebook + Peut-être magazine (Fashion Writer and Editor) + Instagram + Bloglovin' + Shop my Wardrobe

1 comment: